Whey protein concentrate 70%, Skimmed Milk powder, Guar gum, Ca Lactate, Mg Carbonate, Vitamin D
Whey protein concentrate 70%
Whey protein is :the watery portion of milk that separates from the curds when making cheese.
Whey protein contains high levels of all the essential amino acids and branched-chain amino acids. It also has the highest content of the amino acid cysteine, which aids in the biosynthesis of glutathione.
For bodybuilders, whey protein provides amino acids used to aid in muscle recovery
Whey protein is a source of protein that might improve the nutrient content of the diet.
Whey protein might also have effects on the immune system.
Whey is an Excellent Source of High-Quality Protein
– Whey protein has a very high nutritional value, and is one of the best dietary sources of high-quality protein containing all of the essential amino acids.
Whey Protein Promotes Muscle Growth
– Strength training coupled with the consumption of high-protein foods or protein supplements has been shown to be an effective preventive strategy .
– Particularly effective are high-quality protein sources, such as whey, which is rich in a branched-chain amino acid called leucine.
– Leucine is the most growth-promoting (anabolic) of the amino acids
– For muscle growth, whey protein has been shown to be slightly better compared to other types of protein, such as casein or soy
Whey Protein May Lower Blood Pressure
– Numerous studies have linked the consumption of dairy products with reduced blood pressure.
– This effect has been attributed to a family of bioactive peptides in dairy, so-called “angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors” (ACE-inhibitors) §In whey proteins, the ACE-inhibitors are called lactokinins .
– One study in overweight individuals showed that whey protein supplementation, 54 g/day for 12 weeks, lowered systolic blood pressure by 4%. Other milk proteins (casein) had similar effects.
– This is supported by another study that found significant effects when participants were given whey protein concentrate (22 g/day) for 6 weeks.
– However, blood pressure decreased only in those that had high or slightly elevated blood pressure to begin with.
– No significant effects on blood pressure were detected in a study that used much lower amounts of whey protein (less than 3.25 g/day) mixed in a milk drink
Whey Protein May Help Treat Type 2 Diabetes
– Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease characterized by high blood sugar and impaired function of insulin. §Whey protein has been found to be effective at moderating blood sugar, increasing both the levels of insulin and the sensitivity to its effects.
– These properties of whey protein may even be comparable to those of diabetic drugs, such as sulfonylurea.
– As a result, whey protein can be effectively used as a supplementary treatment for type 2 diabetes.
– Taking a whey protein supplement before or with a high-carbohydrate meal has been shown to moderate blood sugar in both healthy people and type 2 diabetics.
– Whey protein is effective at moderating blood sugar levels, especially when taken before or with high-carb meals.
– It may be particularly useful for people with type 2 diabetes.
Whey Protein May Help Reduce Inflammation
– A large review study found that high doses of whey protein supplements significantly reduced C-reactive protein (CRP), a key marker of inflammation in the body
– High doses of whey protein have been shown to reduce blood levels of C-reactive protein, indicating that it can help reduce inflammation
Whey Protein May Be Beneficial for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
– In both rodents and humans, whey protein supplementation has been found to have beneficial effects on inflammatory bowel disease.
– However, the available evidence is weak and further studies are needed before any strong claims can be made.
whey Protein May Enhance the Body’s Antioxidant Defenses
– One of the most important antioxidants in humans is glutathione. §Unlike most antioxidants we get from the diet, glutathione is produced by the body.
– In the body, glutathione production depends on the supply of several amino acids, such as cysteine, which is sometimes of limited supply.
– A number of studies in both humans and rodents have found that whey proteins may reduce oxidative stress and increase levels of glutathione
Whey Protein May Have Beneficial Effects on Blood Fats
– In one study in overweight individuals, 54 grams of whey protein per day, for 12 weeks, led to a significant reduction in total and LDL (the “bad”) cholesterol.
– Long-term, high-dose whey protein supplementation may lower cholesterol levels. The evidence is very limited at this point.
Whey Protein Can Help You Lose Weight
– Increased consumption of protein is a well-known weight loss strategy.
– Eating more protein may promote fat loss by:
1.Suppressing appetite, leading to reduced calorie intake.
2.Boosting metabolism, helping you burn more calories
3 Helping to maintain muscle mass when losing weight
Whey Protein is Highly Satiating (Filling), Which May Help Reduce Hunger
– Some foods are more satiating than others, an effect which is partly mediated by their macronutrient (protein, carb, fat) composition.
– Protein is by far the most filling of the three macro-nutrients
Whey is more than just a high-quality protein source, it also contains other beneficial nutrients. This includes lactoferrin, beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin and immunoglobulins
Whey Helps improve body composition: Enough consumption of whey protein in a diet consequently leads to better lean mass gain, which in turn improves body composition
Weight Gain: Eating junk, sodas and sugary items may promote weight gain, but they’re going to bring in various health disorders in the long run. When we talk about weight gain, we will always talk about the way to gain weight in a healthy way.
Skimmed Milk powder
Health Benefits of Skimmed Milk
1. Lean Muscles
Skimmed Milk is a rich source of complete protein containing all essential amino acids, which is responsible for building and maintaining lean muscle mass
. Blood Sugar Levels
Proteins such as whey and casein, present in skim milk, are accountable for its relatively mild effect on blood sugar as compared to alternative options such as rice milk.
3. Muscle Function
Calcium, which is found in high levels in this milk, is essential to muscle and overall nervous system functions. This critical electrolyte level must be maintained for normal activity.
4. Weight Loss
The skimmed version has approximately half the calories of whole milk, so for those who are trying to watch their overall calorie intake, it can help aid weight loss efforts.
5. Growth & Development
Low-fat milk consists of a good amount of protein, which helps in the proper growth and development of bones, muscles, cells, and tissues.
6. Heart Health
With its lack of cholesterol level, skim milk helps to lower your risk of atherosclerosis, and thus protect against other cardiovascular problems, such as heart attacks and strokes.
7. Bone Mineral Density
The rich density of minerals is ideal for boosting bone strength and decreasing your risk of developing osteoporosis at a young age, helping you feel strong as you age.
8. Blood Pressure
Skimmed milk consists of good amount of potassium which can help to control blood pressure by relieving strain and tension in blood vessels and arteries.
9. Cholesterol Levels
People who switched from whole milk to non-fat milk lowered their cholesterol levels by 7% and the LDL (bad) cholesterol by 11% after six weeks.
10.Bone Mineral Density
Guar gum is a hypocholesterolemic agent that reduces low-density lipoproteins, very low-density lipoproteins, and cholesterol and prevents cardiovascular problems and hypertension.
Guar gum improves the health and functionality of the small bowel by stabilizing gut flora and increases motility.
Guar gum reduces nephrotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, and oxidative stress associated with diabetes and hypertension.
Guar gum is used orally as a bulk laxative. It is also used for treating diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), obesity, and diabetes.
Guar gum is used as a thickening, stabilizing, suspending, and binding agent in foods and beverages, as a binding and disintegrating agent in tablets, and as a thickening agent in lotions and creams.
Guar gum is Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) according to the FDA
- Non-ionized calcium
– provides structural integrity of the skeleton.
- Ionized calcium is important for:
– Transmission of nerve impulses.
– Muscle contraction.
– Decrease of neuromuscular excitability, so ionized calcium deficiency causes tetany.
– Blood clotting
– Maintenance of cell membrane permeability.
– Activation of certain enzymes.
– Acts as antagonist for sodium and magnesium.
Magnesium is essential for
– Healthy Bone
– Healthy muscles and nerves
– Prevent muscle cramps